2)-Concentration of electrolyte
-Nature of electrode
-Positions of ions in the electrochemical series
-They are used in the fields of communications,
-in exploring space
5)-traveling wave tubes
-Hall Effect sensors
-high temperature-resistant permanent magnets
-thin-film coating equipment
-flywheel storage systems.
9 )Boyle’s law state that a law stating that the pressure of a given mass
of an ideal gas is inversely proportional to its
volume at a constant temperature.
9 bi) Renewable energy is energy generated from
natural resources—such as sunlight, wind, rain,
tides and wapbaze.com geothermal.They are energy sources that can be replaced as they are used.They are continually replenished
10) states three different between sound and light waves
1. Require a medium.
2. Travel with a speed of 332 m/s at 0 C.
3. Are longitudinal waves consisting of compressions and rarefactions.
4. Are of different frequencies, giving notes of different pitches.
5. Do not travel far as their energy is dissipated easily.
1. Do not require a medium
2. Travel with a speed of 3 *10 8 m/s.
3. Are electromagnetic waves consisting of varying electric and magnetic wapbaze.com fields.
4. Are of different frequencies, resulting in different colors.
5. Can travel through a much greater distance.
(11a) principle of conservation of linear Momentum states that in any system of colliding objects the total momentum is always conserved provided that there is net external force acting on the system.
Impulse IA = change in momentum of A
= final momentum of A
– initial momentum of A
MAVA – MAVA
Impulse IB = change in momentum of B
= MBVB – (MBUB)
12a . decay constant is define as the instantaneous rate of decay per unit atom of a substance.
12bi)The moderator is a material which slows down the speed
of the neutrons . The moderator is
usually made from water but some reactors use graphite .
12bii) Control rods are used for maintaining the desired state of fission reactions within a
nuclear reactor (i.e. subcritical state, critical state, power changes) They constitute a key component of an
emergency shutdown system (SCRAM) .
Control rods are rods, plates, or tubes containing a neutron absorbing material (www.aanuadey.wordpress.com) material with high absorbtion cross-section for thermal neutron) such as boron , hafnium, cadmium , etc., used to control the power of a nuclear reactor . By absorbing neutrons, a control rod prevents the
neutrons from causing further fission
Invite your friends…